Monday 1/23 - Rest
Tuesday 1/24 - Rest
Distance: 3.53 miles
Ave. pace: 9:49
Thursday 1/26 - Rest
Distance: 3.62 miles
Saturday - Rest
After the circus, we had lunch at a Mexican restaurant, then headed back home. We got home around 3 pm, and Matt was still feeling pretty blah. So I took care of the boys the rest of the evening, and he recuperated. However, I began to feel very blah around 5 pm.
We both woke up Sunday, feeling pretty good, so we cleaned up the kitchen and caught up on the mountain of laundry that was so patiently waiting for us! We were getting ready to head into town, and all of the sudden, Matt's sickness hit me. My stomach was very uneasy, and I ended up spending the rest of the afternoon/evening in the bathroom. ICK!
We're both back in business today, but we didn't get a whole lot accomplished over the weekend. I'd like to focus on cleaning the house this week, but it's always so difficult when you're tired from a day of working, then you need to use the last bit of energy you have left to play with and care for the monsters. We'll just see what happens.
I also haven't sewn for over a week. I'm working on making a quilt/blanket out of Hendrix and Jameson's clothing that they've outgrown. I have three rows (of probably about 10) finished, and really want to get that finished up so I can start sewing skirts to wear to work this spring. Hopefully I can get some sewing done this week, or this coming weekend.
I'd like to start doing a weekly blog entry that goes a little deeper into "Stephanie." I mainly post about the kids, family, running, and crafting.... I think it'd be nice to post a bit more about my life, my thoughts, who I am, etc. I've turned to a website for topic ideas. Here's the first:
How are you different? Imagine you are in a room with 50 random strangers. List ten ways that you are PROBABLY different from every stranger in that room, then write a piece (poetry or paragraph) that celebrates those differences.
1) I speak two languages. I was going to state that I speak Spanish, and that makes me different, but Spanish is more widely spoken than English anymore!
2) I'm a mommy to two precious boys. Lots of people can be moms, but when you narrow it down to the number of children you have, and the gender of each, that makes me different from other moms!
3) I have played the piano my whole life. Lots of people play instruments, I'd imagine. But if you take into account that fact that I started playing by ear when I was just 2 years old, I'd say that makes me unique.
4) I exercise regularly. A lot of people have this ambition, but few (in my opinion) can actually stick with it. I've been working out pretty regularly since September of 2008. You can further this uniqueness with the fact that I'm in training to run a 1/2 marathon in April.
5) I have lived in a foreign country. My semester spent in Spain was amazing and an experience that I'll carry with me for the rest of my life!
6) I'm a PK. For those of you who aren't familiar with that term, it means preacher's kid. :)
7) I live in a village. Not a city, not even a town. A village. :)
8) I like brussel sprouts. Honest! I've only ever had them fresh, and don't imagine I'd enjoy them from a can, but I think they're tasty, and I'm sure have immeasurable health benefits.
9) I love to pay bills. How strange am I? I don't necessarily enjoy saying goodbye to all my money, but love the feeling of being caught up on finances, and crossing those things off my to-do list!
10) I really don't mind doing housework. Wouldn't say I love it, but I love being in my home, and having a cozy home to clean, so it doesn't bother me so much. :)
Wow! This post was much more difficult to write than I imagined! I feel like I'm pretty average, so it was difficult for me to come up with ten ways in which I'm different from 50 random strangers in a room. Since I kind of elaborated on each one as I stated it, I'm not going to write the little "celebration" paragraph.
This was fun! We'll continue next week. :)
Monday 1/16: Rest
Tuesday 1/17: Rest
Wednesday 1/18: 3.47 miles (My first night run outside, and the distance is a guestimate, as my sportwatch decided to stop working about a block from home, on my way back. Grr.)
Thursday 1/19: Rest
Friday 1/20: Rest
Sunday 1/21: 6 miles. My longest distance yet, and average pace was 9:40. Accoring to my sportwatch, I burned 677 calories! Love it!
Total miles for the week: 9.47
I wish I could have gotten more than 2 runs in this week, but I'm trying to figure out how to fit running into this new daytime working schedule. I've decided that I'm just going to have to run outside after the boys are in bed. I downloaded an app on my iPhone, called "Glympse." IT sends either an email or a text message to Matt, he clocked on the link, and he's able to watch me run, live, in real time. This way, he always knows where I am, and he can see if my pace drastically slows down or speeds up (I'm hurt, or kidnapped in someone's car - creepy, but one of my genuine fears). It's not risk-free, but it definitely makes me feel safer. Matt gets a kick out of watching me run, too. :)
I'm going to sign up for the Glass City 1/2 Marathon this week. Darnit, I'm doing this. :) Have a happy week!